Applying to California Medicine Scholars Program
To apply for the Inland Empire RHHO CMSP, students must complete the application by the deadline of October 31, 2022 11:59 pm PST. Prospective students will need to submit a program application online here. The application process includes a transcript, letter of recommendation and short essay responses. For questions about the program and/or application, email us at email@example.com.
Inland Empire RHHO CMSP focuses on increasing diverse physicians from community colleges to serve the Inland Empire, particularly medically underserved communities. Part of this focus is recruiting a diverse group of mission fit students. Mission fit categories include:
- Economically, socially, and/or educationally disadvantaged background
- English as a second language
- First generation
- Ties to Riverside and/or San Bernardino Counties (e.g., attended high school in the region, place of birth, and/or parents’ residence, and/or applicant’s residence)
These mission fit categories are considered as part of the selection process.
To be eligible to apply for this program, applicants:
- Must complete at least 12 credits in California Community College by December 2022.
- Driven and seeking opportunities to advance into the medical field with a goal of becoming a physician.
- Must be enrolled in at least one class at one of the following California Community College(s): College of the Desert, Riverside Community College, or San Bernardino Valley College.
- Must have not obtained your associate or bachelor’s degree as of Fall 2022.